Checklist for growing our own sprouts:
1. A large glass jar or plastic container
2. Breathable mesh screen
3. Select seeds to sprout, it can be alfalfa, mung beans, yellow beans, green beans, radish (if you like spicy), or any other seeds.
4. Add 2 Tbs. of seeds in the jar/container
5. Soak seeds in 3 times as much water anywhere from 5 hours to overnight
6. Rinse the seeds in container and drain out the water through the mesh screen.
7. Place the jar in a dark cool place.
8. Lay the jar on an angle with the seeds spread along the side of the jar.
9. Rinse the seeds twice a day for about 5 days.
10. Check it after 3 to 5 days, when the seeds look long with two little leaves on top, rinse a final time.
11. Last step: place the jar in a sunny window for a couple of hours.
Now the sprouts are ready to use for salads, topping, sandwiches, cooking… good for our health :-)