First thing to remember is to harvest the squash when it is younger and tender. Squash does like too much water (this is the lesson I learned from last year). Either stuffed or steamed squash, salad, and baking cake, home grown squash always taste better.
World Community Cookbook - Squash
Squash / zucchini cake recipe from my mother-in-law
* 4 squash/ zucchini
* 4 eggs
* 1 3/4 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
* 3 cups flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 3/4 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup walnuts
1. Beat the squash/ zucchini, eggs, sugar and oil.
2. In another bowl, beat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Gradually mix together.
4. When mixed, add raisins and walnuts.
5. Put in baking pan.
6. Bake at 350°F degrees for 1 hour.
Springy - Color's popping in the front yard. Not much out back. It's spring, so we don't spend much time outside, we see the front yard more as we come and go in th...
12 hours ago