I decided to get more info about Armeria (Sea Pink/ Thrift), here are the findings:
Scientific Name: Armeria maritima.
Synonym: Armeria vulgaris, Statice armeria
- USDA: 4-10
- Frost Tolerance: Hardy to -30°F (-35°C)
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Origin: Coastlines of Europe
- Growth Habits: Perennial, mounds up to 12 inches tall (30 cm)
- Watering Needs: Regular to little water
- Propagation: Seeds, cuttings in spring or fall
- Use in rock gardens or as edging plant.
- Dry soil, little if any fertilizing.
- Space 10-12" apart. Vivid pink blossoms on 10-20" stems in June to August; 8" foliage is evergreen.
- Few if any insect or disease problems unless soil is too wet.
- Seed setting with the spread of dead flower head.