Monday, May 25, 2009

Gardenia Jasminoides - Kleim’s Hardy, White Fowers w/ 6 Petals Yellow Stamens

Some unknown white flowers are blooming in my garden; it is yellow center to pure white flower shrub, about 2.5 ft. tall. I don't know the name because it is planted by the home builder. I am not sure it is white Cistus or not, so I call it "egg flower" as nickname.

Thanks to RainGardenee, Stephanie, Bangchik and Kakdah suggestions. I finally lookup on the Web and found out it is Gardenia jasminoides ‘Kleim’s Hardy.’
Learning is a good thing, it will keep us young!

Source: http://www.portlandnursery.com/plants/treePicks/trees_gardenia.shtml
White flowers are single form with six petals and yellow stamens. Fragrance is classic Gardenia. Leaves are dark green, glossy and evergreen. Grows slowly in a rounded mounding habit to 2-3 feet tall and wide.
Link to more images








5 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is but it's sure a pretty little thing and the foliage looks such a nice deep green. Hope ya find out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I like the deep green foliage too, the shrubs are evergreen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at my Carissa Desert Star plant recently and surfing the net to look for ways to bring back those pretty white star blooms. This plant does look one those Carissa species but I am not sure. Just guessing only :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking at your "egg flower", or Carissa as stephanie hinting at, for a moment I thought it is the white petal that if giving the impact, but after a while I realise that the yellow dot and its six spokes actually is giving real meaning to the said flower.

    have a great day.

    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot! I found out that it is Gardenia jasminoides ‘Kleim’s Hardy’ White flowers - single form with six petals and yellow stamens. Leaves are dark green, glossy and evergreen.

    ReplyDelete

VueJarin© Photos - Copyright

# of Visitors / Visiteurs

Welcome Global Visitors (Bienvenue Visiteurs Internationaux)

Thanks for visiting! (Merci de votre visite!)