Southern Fried Green TomatoesINGREDIENTS
* 1 extra large egg
* 4 tablespoons milk
* 1 cup cornmeal (add garlic salt, onion powder, and garlic pepper to the cornmeal mixture)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 3 green tomatoes, sliced
1. In a small bowl whisk together egg and milk. In another small bowl mix cornmeal and flour.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; use more or less oil to reach about 1/4 inch in depth.
3. Dredge tomato slices first in egg mixture, then in cornmeal mixture. Carefully place slices in hot oil and cook until browned on both sides.